It is much safer to transfer your domain name to a company that has been in operation for over 30 years rather than someone that might disappear in a year or two.
Transferring domains such as .COM, .NET, .ORG (and many other TLDs are similar):
- Ensure that at least 2 weeks remain until your domain's renewal time. If there is too little time, your current registrar may reject the transfer. If so, renew first, then follow the following steps/
- You need to apply to your current registrar to disable the "domain lock" or "transfer lock". You also need to apply for the "transfer code" or "authorization code" to be sent to you -- it's a type of password for your domain.
- Check the mailbox registered with your domain. You can find out the current email address from a Whois site such as www.whois.net .
- Now email us and tell us the Authorization code of your domain.
- You should receive confirmation emails.. Either forward those emails to us, or follow the instructions within..